Sunday 10 January 2010

Fairy Tales & Reality

Fairy Tales and Reality - Perhaps they can co exist... what I imagine is a real fairy tale... All that I am, all that I’m not anymore... It is this avalanche happening while you watch the sun from down the mountain. When you suddenly start to run away from the mess... But you carry it with you to all the magical and real places. You go on sober or have some champagne, look for answers in theatres and classical songs. It comes a time when you give up. You can’t run anymore. Exhaustion has consumed your fears... You then smile at yourself, take a deep breath and see your reflection in all places but in a mirror...

And feelings are more than words or any description that I could come up with right at this moment... Every note played as we make up stories of prisons or freedom. The red curtains close, they applaud, everyone else applauds, while you are still on stage, or perhaps the stage belongs only to my real fairy tales. Two lives happening simultaneously, while I sometimes ask myself in the middle of the avalanche, whether they will meet at some point or will remain parallel to each other.

And nothing else matters when the night is simply dark, when the red curtains have been closed, when there is no more champagne and you continue running away from the mess inside. Of course, you can just care less about the circumstances, your personal wishes, even dreams and choose to accept the person you were born to be. Would this be prison or freedom? You walk out the room, close that door behind you, or do you walk in the room closing the door in front of you. For now, I am just gonna wait for the colourful rain outside down the mountain... Looking at the sun while the avalanche runs after me. Let the mess out, and yell a scream of relief. I will then, welcome myself.

Followers