Monday 25 February 2013

Soap Bubbles of Memories


It's all coming back to me.
The scent of the trees
that warm feeling in the cold -
when I looked around,
and the scenery was a masterpiece - frozen in my mind.
A deaf moment when I can only see us together back then.
But I can't hear anything.

A scene from the past that became silent -
brought to a lonely present dance.
A present cut into pieces
that don't make sense when put together -
with recent pool parties, laughter and tears.
A far away trip, castles, wine, cheese and sunshine.
Friendly strangers killing cockroaches on the street,
a pub nearby.
Floating soap bubbles that steal my heart.

I finally hear your voice in my head - your accent.
Remember that long bus ride in the middle of the night?
My living room so empty right now,
our disgraceful song:
"boom boom boom lets go back to my room..."
How did we go from Pablo Neruda to that?
Or from dreams to reality?
Or from knowing each other the way we used to,
to almost strangers?
From infinite possibilities
to accepting life as it comes?
From being young,
and waking up old one day -
full of half stories -
of what could have been.

Followers