Wednesday 22 June 2011

Ashes

There is a sadness I've been carrying with me,
which will only leave me,
when I'm in your arms once and for all -
when the world will make a sudden stop to watch us, and nod
acknowledging the simple and most complex fact:
that we fall in place,
in the right place -
after a long, very long fall.

But we don't really.
I will never be in your arms again -
or see your arms... or see you...
in a distance, far away, walking away...

Memories should fade from when we stopped being.
Your name should be just a name.
Your face in my mind, just a face of a stranger on the street.
Photographs and songs should turn into ashes
and disappear in the air forever.
There should be no proof of us ever being.
Because the pain of losing you
is greater than all we were
and were supposed to be. Together.

Followers