Tuesday 13 November 2012

Sparkly Dancing Yellow Purple Moments


Places from years, many years ago that became other places, and other places. The stories are still there, like an afterlife chronicle. Scents, sweat, laughter, noise, music, Pablo Neruda's poetry. Not knowing what would come next is magical, sublime even.

The non so magnificent scenarios came later, with regretful scenes, mistakes that can't be undone. That is what makes me sit and write, and miss old times, while boiling rice. All too real. I close my eyes tight to the sound of boiling water and feel that place again.

A bus ride? It was a bus ride to promote a drink. They picked up young people from the streets and... we entered the dark bus with disco lights, loud music... Round and round Ipanema. Who was I with? What drink were they promoting? What made me go on that bus? When was that?

I have memories of bus rides, soap bubble parties, diving in a swimming pool with my witch costume. A floating witch hat in the middle of the night. Unreal but real, which makes my world mundane now. Is it a requirement to be young again to lose oneself in Van Gogh's starry night, in an enchanted world left behind? Where do I get a ticket to another round of sparkly dancing yellow purple moments, where it is unsafe but safe? Gone but still there.

Followers